The role is based in the company’s research and development department, working as a member of the Production Engineering team. The team is responsible for generating and managing all the Design for Manufacture data (BOM management, ECO generation, mechanical CAD, etc), as well as direct engineering support of our vendors, both in the UK and Far East, plus management of UK prototype builds.
This Engineering placement role will include the following responsibilities:
- Providing Production Engineering support to our NPI (New Product Introduction) projects and to ongoing production
- Creating and managing product BOMs and engineering change orders (ECOs)
- Ensuring the data released to our vendors and sub contractors is of the highest quality, and clearly presented
- Supporting the prototype electronics build process:
- Preparing kits of electronics materials
- Carrying out feasibility studies
- Communicating with UK and overseas component and PCB suppliers
- Conduct PCB design analysis, build quality verification, and rework as required
- Supporting the development of our in-house Python / Raspberry Pi factory test software & tools
- Investigating potential for optimisation of our factory test software & tools
- Assuring the quality of our factory test software before releasing to the factory
A suitable candidate for this role is someone who can work well autonomously, and who is able to own, be responsible for and deliver, high quality results to the agreed deadlines. They will also work well in a team, contributing to the development and ongoing improvement of the Production Engineering department.
The role will report to the Production Engineering Manager.
Abilities and Experience
- Currently enrolled in a BEng / BSc degree, preferably in a related engineering subject – Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing Systems, Production, etc
- Self-motivated, driven and ambitious
- Strong personal leadership – well organised, with excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with coding and prototyping (especially Python and Raspberry Pi) is desired
- Knowledge of PLM or PMS systems is desired
- Proficient with MSOffice software – Excel, Word, etc
- An interest in music, recording or audio would be beneficial
The deadline to apply for all placements is 9am on Monday 16th January. Please don't apply after this date as your application will not be considered.