We have an exciting opportunity for a senior product manager to join our incredibly successful product team, and take ownership of the Focusrite and Novation product portfolios. You will manage the Product Team, and support them in the definition and delivery of the Product Strategy needed to meet the Company’s Vision and future growth plans.
Your team will own each product’s lifecycle from concept through to end of line, making sure you have the right products in the market at the right time.
This is a senior position, reporting directly to the CEO. You will be engaging at board level to secure agreement on product strategy, roadmaps and priorities.
What you'll be doing:
- Championing the Company Vision and Product Strategy throughout the organization.
- Contributing to the overall business strategy, including ownership and delivery of the rolling product roadmaps for Focusrite and Novation.
- Cross functional leadership in product marketing, customer insight, market size analysis, product research, and product design.
- Strategic leadership; an ability to make the big calls! Guide your team in their management of the product pipeline, owning business and resource prioritisation to achieve the overall product strategy.
- Working closely with Sales and Marketing, R&D, Engineering, Customer Support, and Operations, to sponsor a “One Culture” attitude to product development.
- Working closely with our CTO and Chief Scientist, to keep technology and product innovation at the heart of our strategy.
What experience you'll need to apply:
- A proven track record of delivering a great product strategy.
- Experience delivering technology products to market through well managed product management practices.
- Strong commercial experience. Results focused, delivering commitments today, with one eye on the future identifying the next opportunity.
- Great people management, particularly when establishing a product management team and growing talent through coaching and role modelled behavior.
- Team leadership and coaching skills, and a proven ability to get the best out of people. Ability to inspire people, and put the right people in the right jobs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- Business planning and budget management experience.
- Love of music technology is essential!
Ultimately, we’re looking for an inspirational leader, who can lead a team of product managers and designers, to consistently and repeatedly enable the whole company to do what they do best - put amazing products into the hands of our customers, and help them make music.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, employee share scheme, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.