Junior Project Manager (SH0118)
Salary dependent on experience, excellent benefits package
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Buckinghamshire -- High Wycombe
20 February 2018
We're looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to join the R&D team. The right candidate must be highly organised, technically curious, and able to work closely with our cross functional teams from Product Design, Engineering, Customer Support, Sales and Marketing.
You will be part of a small and enthusiastic team of project managers, delivering industry leading sound recording and music production equipment, in an exciting company which is committed to grow and evolve.
The successful candidate will:-
- Be responsible for managing the development and delivery process for new electronic hardware and PC/Mac/iOS software products, across the Focusrite and Novation portfolio, ensuring consistent excellence in quality, ease of use, and reliability.
- Apply and manage the Focusrite Project System (FPS), with level one project delivery plans, project documentation, and detailed stage plans with deliverables and review gates.
- Manage Risk and Issue logs, and lessons learned processes, for all projects.
- Work closely with the cross functional delivery teams, managing priorities and resolving work load conflicts, and planning and coordinating the stage deliverables from Product Concept Validation through to mass production. Project ownership will be for the entire development process “End to End”, including deliverables from Product Management, R&D, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service.
- Be responsible for estimating project costs, tracking the project performance measures (schedule/cost/quality), and reporting status regularly to the Programme Manager.
- Contribute as part of the Project Management team, to the successful delivery of the full project programme.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree level education preferred.
- A technical background, with the ability to understand and assess the schedule and risk, in the planning and delivery of consumer hardware and software projects.
- 3+ years’ experience delivering projects, able to demonstrate capability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiar with MSProject and proficient with MSOffice, with excellent documentation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, identify critical path activities, and resolve resource constraints.
- Interest in music and the music industry, would be an advantage.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.