As a Product Designer at Focusrite/Novation you will help to bring products visions to life. You analyze the goals of the user, identify the
critical tasks and then take the lead in defining the solution.
To do this you will need to take responsibility on creating the workflow and interaction of the products, empathizing and advocating for the
user, and define the best technology solution with our skilled engineers.
Who you are
Innovator: You take time to iterate and discuss a variety of design approaches, investigating wide and then diving deep when you have a
clear vision. This applies not only to your work but how you work, you are always looking at ways to improve your skills and working
Decision Maker: You find it easy to take all information available to you and make a clear decision to progress a project forward, whilst
maintaining a close eye on new discoveries that may require a change in direction.
Problem Solver: You are driven to continually learn about our users and technology so that you can define the best possible solution.
Communicator: You find it easy and in fact pleasurable to present your research and designs, leading conversations with a multidisciplinary
team to answer tricky questions and keep stakeholders informed.
Empath: You desire to learn about our users, via face to face interaction, usability tests and other forms of research. You are able to
identify trends in user behavior and goals and have the user at the forefront of your mind for each decision you make.
Collaborator: You understand the power of working with others. You understand how best to work with each team members unique
strengths, needs and desires to work in a fun, happy environment.
What you’ll do
- Work with Product Management and Engineering teams to take a product concept to market
- Work with the Senior Product Designer to review and improve the design process
- Offer mentorship to Junior team members
- Develop Wireframes and the Prototypes to validate design decisions with users
- Perform user research and usability tests
- Regularly present your work to your team and business stakeholders
- Design interfaces and interactions
- Cover a variety of tasks that ensure the viability of a design
What you’ll need
- A degree or relevant qualification in User Experience Design, Product Design, User Research or a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating how you excel in areas of user experience and research
- You have 4+ years of employment experience in UX/Product Design
- Skilled in relevant prototyping and graphic tools such as Sketch, Illustrator, Axure, Framer etc.
- Experience in researching with users
- A passion for creation and making tough decisions
- Ability to understand the impacts of your designs and how to make them work within technical limitations
- Experience in designing hardware interfaces is a plus, but not required
Who we are
We are Designers, Engineers, Marketeers and Musicians who strive to deliver compelling and enjoyable products to our users, allowing
them to create and capture their music in far easier and more enjoyable ways than they could have imagined.
We are committed to building high quality, high value products that people can fall in love with. We do this in an environment of exploration
and iteration to develop the next generation of music hardware and software.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.