Focusrite is growing and we are actively seeking a talented and experienced sales executive responsible for growing sales of our award-winning Red/RedNet audio over IP and ISA product lines. The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality, with an infectious enthusiasm for new technology and winning new business in the professional audio, education and Pro-AV markets. The candidate will be skilled at establishing inroads to decision makers with a history of delivering exceptional sales results.
This position reports to the US National Sales Manager for Focusrite Professional.
- Qualifying new sales leads and prospects, developing opportunities, presenting workflow solutions and sales proposals to customers and ultimately working with channel partners to close business and meet assigned sales targets.
- Good organizational skills, able to maintain clear detailed prospect and customer records.
- Able to build an accurate sales forecast and generate a healthy pipeline to support it.
- Hunter/gatherer, skilled at uncovering and developing new opportunities and persistent in connecting with end users and decision-makers.
- Provide effective product sales strategies and workflow solutions to Red/RedNet/ISA dealers, system integrators, RSMs and consultants.
- Technically proficient in defining customers product/workflow requirements and able to define solutions and create effective proposals with their supporting business case.
- Attend national and regional trade shows, reseller events, plan local events to professional organizations.
- Travel to key enterprise accounts, resellers, and customers.
- You are analytical and detail oriented. To you the small stuff matters.
- You are driven, directed, focused, and self-motivated. You take ownership of your skills development, career and reputation in the industry
- You have a proven ability to set clear objects and goals and prioritize your selling time.
- You are fun, hardworking, and a dependable colleague. Winning friends and influencing people comes naturally. You have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and you know how to teach.
- You are resourceful. You use multiple avenues to gain access to key decision makers.
- You have the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals.
- Calculating discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages makes you happy.
- At least 5+ years professional audio sales experience
- Possess strong technical background in professional audio workflows including recording, mixing, live sound and broadcast production and working knowledge of Pro Tools or other DAWs
- General knowledge of Ethernet and networking technology.
- Functioning knowledge of Mac and Windows OS’s, MS Office and Google suites
- Familiar with using a CRM
- Ability to lift and transport heavy demo equipment up to 75 lbs.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time
- Must be currently eligible to work in the United States and have a valid driving license and a clean driving record
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco switching, routing and configurations
- Advanced knowledge of Dante AoIP technology
- Contacts in the Post production, live sound, broadcasting and/or educational institutions
This is an exempt, full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience, compensation includes base salary plus commission, Medical, dental, and retirement benefits are available.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include: company retirement plan, life insurance, healthcare, employee purchase scheme and share options. Company making things easy days and lunch and learns – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products. We work hard, we’re professional and we select really, really talented people. We absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.