Focusrite is seeking a motivated and talented individual to join the Operations Team at Focusrite HQ. We’re looking for someone that is good with numbers, highly organised and possesses excellent excel and communication skills.
You’ll be involved in the management of global product supply, overseeing day to day communication with our principal suppliers and ensuring that inventory is in the right place to meet sales demand. You will be actively involved in the purchasing and demand planning of Focusrite and Novation products, working closely with the Operations Director to ensure the global pipeline of product is satisfied.
Our principal suppliers are an extension of our team, you will nurture that day to day relationship and contribute to the running of our Quarterly Business Review Programme, driving constant process improvement and operational efficiencies. As part of the role there is an expectation of travel to the Far East several times per year.
The role is ideal for someone that wants to learn in a fast growing, exciting organisation that produces world leading music technology products.
Reporting to the Logistics & Operational Projects Manager, you will be based in the UK Headquarters, High Wycombe.
- Day to day communications with first tier suppliers – recognising that those who supply us are an extension of our team.
- Chairing of monthly purchasing meetings
- Producing rolling quarterly forecasts for major suppliers
- Dealing with procurement issues that may affect the delivery of product
- Ensuring that stock is balanced between our global warehouses and in line with agreed KPI’s
- Communication of monthly availability reports by warehouse
- Development of monthly vendor schedules and shipment plans
- Have input to and development of quarterly vendor business reviews
- Maintaining and negotiating costs for ongoing supply of parts
- Manage procurement of 3rd party distributed brands
- General administration to enable the purchasing and forecasting cycle
- At least a good intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office, advanced Excel skills are a bonus
- Able to present data in a clear way to a group using powerpoint or equivalent
- Good communication skills with evidence of working well in a team
- Previous experience of purchase and demand planning helpful but not essential – motivation and the ability to learn is more important
- Education to degree level or higher in relevant discipline
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail
- Ability to interpret analytical results and act upon them
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.