We are looking for a Lead Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with programming. Responsibilities will include translating wireframe design to fully functional web pages using the latest in web technologies, working closely with our creative team to create exciting and unique user experiences. Additionally, you will work within the online team managing and maintaining high profile multilingual websites.
The role would suit someone with a passion for web development and the eagerness to further develop a commercial career in a sociable environment. The role requires someone with self-motivation and the ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. At any one time this person will have a combination of projects and smaller tasks.
- Excellent front-end development experience using HTML5, NodeJS, SASS and jQuery. Ideally supported by an online portfolio and examples of application.
- Creating or working with responsive frameworks.
- Version control systems such as Git or Mercurial.
- Good written English skills required for final proof reading of web copy, system documentation and customer-facing support.
- Good eye for design and layout.
Advantageous Technical Skills
- Experience in using task runners such as Gulp or Grunt.
- Using UI and architecture libraries like React and Flux.
- Understanding and Involvement in using frameworks such as Ember, Rails and Postgres.
- Involvement in content management systems such as Drupal or other PHP / MySQL-based CMS.
- Have an understanding of PHP and MySQL databases.
- Experience in creation of test cases and testing.
- Worked with web MIDI and web audio APIs.
- Developing proof of concepts.
- Creating unique customer experiences.
- Making custom web applications and plugins.
- System documentations.
- Bug fixing.
- Driving continual improvement in all internal and customer facing systems.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.