Role – Product Specialist (US)
Location - NY Metro Area
Focusrite Novation Inc. (‘FNI’) is actively seeking a Product Specialist. The FNI Product Specialist will be responsible expanding the RedNet product lines by building new and key relationships within all markets. The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality, with infectious enthusiasm for networking technology products and the entire creative music and recording production process. The candidate will be fearless in establishing inroads to decision makers and be able to achieve exceptional sales results.
This key position will also interface with the US & UK sales, marketing and product teams. This position reports to the RedNet Sales Manager.
- Create new opportunities and develop Red/RedNet prospects. This includes prospecting and qualifying opportunities, doing needs assessments and developing and presenting proposals, and maintaining clear, detailed prospect and customer records utilizing a CRM
- Hunter / gatherer being able to find and connect with decision-makers
- Manage RedNet sales by assisting in forecasting, following up with customers and interacting with the RedNet team
- Collaborate with RedNet dealers and staff (sales, marketing and technical support departments and field trainers) to optimize the customer relationship
- Design studio systems based on operational parameters
- Act as a key stakeholder in ease of use by using existing processes/systems to report hardware and software issues
- Interface with engineers of perspective clients in pre-sales to assure an meet their technical specifications
- Attend national and regional trade shows
- Travel to key enterprise accounts, resellers, and customers
- You are analytical and detail oriented. To you the small stuff matters
- You are driven, directed, steadfast, and self-motivated. You take ownership of your skills development and personal career
- You have a proven ability to set clear objects and goals with a focus on completing project timelines on time
- Your follow-up and follow-though skills amaze others
- You are fun, hardworking, and a good-natured colleague. Winning friends and influence people comes naturally
- You have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and you know how to teach
- You are resourceful. You use multiple avenues to gain access to key decision makers
- You have influenced high-level decision makers and look forward to doing it again
- You have the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals
- Calculating discounts, interest, proportions, and percentages makes you happy
- You love working independently but are a heck of a collaborator
- Providing exceptional service and quality to external customer and internal team members is what you do
- A 2+ year audio engineering and customer and/or sales experience within the audio engineering
- Possess strong technical capacity
- Understanding of high performance audio for recording production
- Knowledge of Audinate Dante workflow
- Knowledge of Professional Live Sound touring, mixing and configuration
- Knowledge of Live Broadcast, Broadcast production and post production workflows
- Knowledge of Music Recording
- Knowledge of electronic music making
- Advanced knowledge of all popular DAWs
- General to sophisticated knowledge of Ethernet and networking technology.
- Knowledge of MIDI control, audio interfaces, home/studio recording setups and music production
- Functioning knowledge of Apple and Windows OS
- Functioning knowledge of MS and Google suites
- A lover of music
- Familiar with using a CRM
- Ability to lift and transport heavy demo equipment up to 75 lbs.
- Travel approximately 50-70% of the time
- Must be currently eligible to work in the United States
- Some college
- Have a valid drivers license and clean driving record
Nice to Haves
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Advanced knowledge of Mac + Widows
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco switching, routing and configurations
- Advanced knowledge of Dante
- Connections within the live sound, broadcasting and/or educational institutions
This is an exempt, full-time position. Commensurate with experience, compensation includes base salary plus commission. Medical, dental, and retirement benefits are available.
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include: company retirement plan, life insurance, healthcare, employee purchase scheme and share options. Company making things easy days and lunch and learns – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products. We work hard, we’re professional and we select really, really talented people. We absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.